We have a beautiful range of cakes available in individual and larger sizes. Stop in to see today's selection.
- Raspberry velvet (gf) - A stunning combination of raspberry mousse with whole raspberries, hazelnut biscuit and chocolate layers, covered in glossy red glaçage.
- Success (gf) - Dark chocolate Grand Marnier ganache layered with mixed nut biscuits, covered in chocolate shavings.
- Fleur de lys (gf) - Chocolate mousse on a crunchy almond base.
- Le Russe (gf) - Layers of hazelnut meringue and hazelnut dacquoise.
- Opéra - Layers of coffee jocunde biscuit alternating with chocolate ganache and coffee buttercream, topped with a dark chocolate couverture glaçage.
- Chocolate and raspberry truffle - Rich chocolate and almond layers with chocolate raspberry mousse on a biscuit base, covered in dark chocolate couverture glaçage.
- Mud cake - Dark, moist chocolate cake, finished with dark chocolate ganache.
- Black Forest - Chocolate sponge filled with fresh cream and kirsch cherries, covered with chocolate shavings.
- Raspberry cake - Vanilla sponge soaked in kirsch syrup, layered with custard and fresh raspberries, covered with a soft meringue, sprinkled with toasted almonds.
- St Honoré - Pastry and profiteroles dipped in toffee, filled with Grand Marnier mousseline custard and garnished with strawberries and cream. A French tradition named for the patron saint of pastry cooks.
- Cheesecake - Baked cheesecake, plain or with blueberries.
- Lemon meringue - Lemon custard mousseline covered with soft meringue, sprinkled with almonds and lemon and baked.
- Lemon tart - Shortbread filled with lemon curd.
- Pear or apricot and almond tart - Pears or apricots and almond cream, baked in shortbread and glazed.
- Spicy apple tart - Baked apples and cinnamon on a shortbread base.
- Apple crumble - Baked apples and cinnamon on shortbread with a crumbly topping.
- Paris-Brest - Choux pastry with nougat cream and fresh cream in the shape of a wheel. Created in 1891 in honour of the famous bicyle race.
- St Tropez - Brioche filled with vanilla custard.
- Croque en bouche - A tower of profiteroles dipped in toffee or chocolate, filled with mousseline custard and garnished with strawberries, sugared almonds, spun sugar, or ribbons. An eye-popping centrepiece perfect for special occasions.
- Galette des rois (in January) - Layers of flaky puff pastry with a dense frangipane centre. The traditional cake to celebrate Epiphany.
- Bûche de Noël (in December) - Our Yule Logs are rolled layers of sponge and ganache. Available in chocolate, coffee, or hazelnut flavours, or chocolate with raspberries and cream in the centre. Christmas is not complete without one.
Would you like a 3-tiered wedding cake with royal icing decorated with roses? A cake with a fairy drawn on the top for your daughter’s sixth birthday? Maybe a cake in the shape of a cowboy hat or the first camera your photographer partner ever owned?
No problem. At Le Breton we understand that life’s important events sometimes need their very own custom cake. From elegant to quirky or anything in between, let us help you make your event special.
You can use our enquiry form to send us a picture of what you’d like, or come in to talk with the chef and look through our display book for some ideas.
croque en bouche
Croque en bouche is a Le Breton specialty and a favourite for weddings, birthdays, and special occasions.
This cake makes an eye-popping centrepiece.
A croque en bouche is a tower made of profiteroles dipped in toffee or chocolate and filled with Grand Marnier mousseline custard. We finish the look by decorating with strawberries, sugared almonds, flowers, ribbons, or spun sugar.
We suggest planning for three profiteroles per person when sizing your cake. Please call us or complete our enquiry form to have us create a croque en bouche especially for your event.
We have delicious quiches in individual, small, medium, and large sizes. Also available in cocktail size for catering:
- Quiche Lorraine
- Bacon and leek
- Smoked salmon and brie
- Asparagus and caramelized onion and brie
- Spinach and feta
- Provençale - sautéed tomato, onion, and eggplant, and fresh herbs
Pies and rolls in individual size. Also available in cocktail size for catering:
- Beef mince pie
- Beef burgundy pie
- Chicken and white wine pie
- Chicken curry pie
- Sausage roll
- Lamb and rosemary roll
- Spinach and feta roll
We also have ham and cheese croissants and sandwiches made on our own fresh baguettes. See in store for today’s selection.
croissants and pastries
Stop in for today's selection of delectable treats.
- Macarons (gf)
- Florentine (gf)
- Almond meringue (gf)
- Chocolate truffles
- Vanilla slice (mille-feuille)
- Éclairs - chocolate or coffee
- Fruit tarts - raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, mixed fruit
- Apple and custard tarts
- Pear and almond or apricot and almond tarts
- Apple crumble
- Apple strudel
- Chocolate and caramel tarts
- Lemon tarts
- Lemon meringue
- Rum baba
- Frogs, chooks, and mice
- Almond tuile
- Viennese biscuits